Southside Arts & Humanities Network
Please click to go to our blog
The Southside Arts and Humanities Network, "The Network," is a collection of small and mid-sized arts and humanities organizations based on the south side of Chicago. The Network aims to leverage the space, intellectual, technological, and volunteer resources of the University (and the city) to support small arts and humanities institutions.
"The Network" is a space for the cultivation of the rich artistic, cultural, scholarly and human assets based on the Southside of Chicago. Our purpose is to strengthen the ties that bind together the Southside Arts and in so doing make the rest of the city aware of the abundance of cultural activity that exists south of downtown.
How Members Benefit
The goal of the Network is to help member organizations overcome isolation, gain visibility and build capacity so that they can better serve their communities and more effectively fulfill their overall vision. We work toward our goal by offering free networking events, free professional development classes and $1000 space grants.
- Admission to free networking events (e.g. Meet the Funders & Meet the Press)
- Access to a listserv to advertise upcoming events (email@example.com)
- Access to a directory (with contact information and a description) of arts and humanities organization
- Access to undergraduate and graduate students who can volunteer/work with network members
- Participation in targeted networking "Southside roundtables" for small gatherings of organizations with common interests
- Admission to free professional development workshops taught by University faculty and staff
- Access to discounted professional development courses at the Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies (Arts, Sciences Humanities as well as Business and Professional courses)
- Opportunity to apply for $1000 space grants to host events on campus
- Access to discounted rates on space rentals at the International House at the University of Chicago
To access the Network's Directory in PDF form, please click here: