Southside Arts & Humanities Network
Please click to go to our blog
The Southside Arts and Humanities Network, "The Network," is a collection of small and mid-sized arts and humanities organizations based on the south side of Chicago. The Network aims to leverage the space, intellectual, technological, and volunteer resources of the University (and the city) to support small arts and humanities institutions.
The Network is a space for the cultivation of the rich artistic, cultural, scholarly and human assets based on the Southside of Chicago. Our purpose is to strengthen the ties that bind together the Southside Arts and in so doing make the rest of the city aware of the abundance of cultural activity that exists south of downtown.
The Network gratefully acknowledges the generous support it has received from the Joyce Foundation, the Chicago Community Trust, and the Illinois Arts Council Agency.
Please consider participating in our widely acclaimed NONPROFIT BOARD LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE PROGRAM! Applications are still being taken for the autumn 2015 program. For more information and to apply, please visit https://grahamschool.uchicago.edu/noncredit/certificates/board-leadership/index
How Members Benefit
The goal of the Network is to help member organizations overcome isolation, gain visibility and build capacity so that they can better serve their communities and more effectively fulfill their overall vision. We work toward our goal by offering free networking events, free professional development classes, and the Non-Profit Board Leadership Certificate Program.
- Admission to free networking events (e.g. Meet the Funders & Meet the Press)
- Access to a listserv to advertise upcoming events (email@example.com)
- Access to a directory (with contact information and a description) of arts and humanities organization
- Access to undergraduate and graduate students who can volunteer/work with network members
- Participation in targeted networking "Southside roundtables" for small gatherings of organizations with common interests
- Admission to free professional development workshops taught by University faculty and staff
- Access to discounted professional development courses at the Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies (Arts, Sciences Humanities as well as Business and Professional courses)
- Access to discounted rates on space rentals at the International House at the University of Chicago
To access the Network's Directory in PDF form, please click here: